Why It Matters
We’re Here When Things Go Wrong
If you find yourself in an emergency situation, please contact us immediately at 317-546-2338 during our normal business hours. We can discuss if it is better to proceed to an emergency clinic or if we can provide the urgent care your pet needs. After hours, please contact VCA Advanced care at 317-578-4100 or Medvet at 317-872-8387.
We Expect the Unexpected
We hope that you’ll never need emergency pet services, but we’re here for you should the unexpected happen. Our compassionate, quick-acting staff will do everything we can to assess, stabilize, and treat emergency situations.
Please call us ahead of time at 317-546-2338 so we can best prepare for your arrival.
Our emergency services include:
Acute illness or injury
Toxin or foreign body ingestion
Collapse or seizures
Have Any Questions?Call 317-546-2338
Tips for a healthy pet
What’s an Emergency?
Sometimes, it can be difficult to know what’s a pet emergency and what’s not. If you’re concerned, then we are too! In general, emergencies include but are not limited to:
- Ingestion of a toxic or poisonous substance, from human foods such as xylitol, chocolate or garlic to household cleaning agents or automotive fluids
- Hot-weather fainting, seizures, and other signs of heat stroke
- Fractures, lameness, severe lacerations, and other signs of serious trauma
- Bleeding from the orifices
- Choking, gagging, and other respiratory crises
- Eye injury
- Inability or refusal to drink water or eat food
- Lengthy periods between delivery of puppies or kittens in a litter (difficult labor)
- Unexplained disorientation, dizziness, or loss of consciousness
- Inability to urinate or defecate